Skip to main content

Let's Recap.....

Ok...so I made goals at the beginning of the yer and I want to look at where I stand since I am now 1/4 of the way through the year.....hard to believe it's going by that fast but it is.

My Goals (Resolutions) for the year 2014
1.  Finish a bible study {still looking for one}
2.  Finish a book (maybe a series too) {I have started a book and I am actually looking forward to finishing it so let's hope I do it!}
3.  Blog weekly  {I am still blogging ....maybe weekly was a little much for me to really commit to but I am working on it}
4.  Stay organized (home, work, self, etc) {This is so hard for me!!!!!!!!}
5.  Coupon {I am slacking}
6. Start saving money {hoping to do this after tax return comes in}
7.  Take more pictures (personal and for others) {I take pictures daily on my phone but I need to take more with my camera....I have done a wedding so far, took pictures of a friend, and i have had some inquiries about me doing some pictures....hopefully I am on the right track....this mama wants a new camera!}
8.  Daily prayer journal {was doing good....then slacked off....now I gotta get back on track}
9.  Do more activities with the kids (more family time) {snow days have allowed for a lot more me and kid activities....now we just need to work on getting daddy home for family activities}
10.  Date night once a month/ game night each month or bi-monthly {date night without the kids hasn't happened yet.  we did go out for valentine's but Noah was in tow!  What can I say I love my kids and enjoy them being with us}
11.  Exercise 4 times a week {This I was doing very well with until about the beginning of MARCH....I fell off of my workout bandwagon and now I am making myself get back on it starting tomorrow!!!  This mama wants to look good in her bathing suit this summer!}
12.  Eat healthy.  {I have my weak moments where All I want is JUNK....about once a month this hits me..... :(.  I did give up red meat and pork for lent and i have done really well with this so far.  I have been really watching what I am eating and i just need to look at portions again and just putting more leafy veggies in my diet again!}


Well there you have it....I still have a lot of work to do and I know change is hard but I really have to do this for me and my family.  I have deleted Facebook off of my phone and I am only allowing myself to log on to Facebook on the computer.  Less time looking at things that take my attention away from my family and more focus on them.  I will still do instagram and I am going to punish myself if I log onto the mobile site through my phone internet....i think I am going to put a jar aside that says FB with a big fat NO symbol on it and I have to put $10 in each time I try to get on my phone and look....I will either stick to it or I am going to be broke/saving money all at the same time!

I've been on spring break this past week and I am so thankful for the break because my boy has been sick the entire time....very little sleep for both of us.  He has another ear infection and a sinus infection and the tube in his right ear is in the ear canal and making its way out!  I'll actually be glad when the dr schedules the next set of tubes because he has so much trouble with ear infections I just don't want to see him go through that again.  Tomorrow we go back to real world and the busy hectic life that we have....but only 8 weeks until I am free for summer to be home with the kids and enjoy time with them!  look out for lots of pictures of our fun activities!

Well...time to quickly write my lesson plans for the week so I can go enjoy some tv time with the hubby....it is Walking Dead night.  Have a lovely week and I hope to be able to blog again next week or before!  Until then...remember that a smile is a curved line that sets everything straight.

Comments

  1. I can babysit for you so you can have a date night! :) you could drop the kids off at my house in danville then go on your merry little way with hubby. Not kidding.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Birckhead Wedding

I have the privilege of working with Kara each day at my school.  Not only is she an awesome secretary but she has become a great friend as well.  This summer her boyfriend came to school, brought lunch and proposed!  Super sweet!!!!  She asked me if I would do the pictures for her wedding and of course I jumped at the opportunity!  This past Saturday, Joe and Kara tied the knot and it was a gorgeous day, gorgeous ceremony and such an awesome couple!  Here are a few of my favorites so far from the wedding. Thanks so much Kara for letting me capture your special day! 

Looking Through the Rearview

As I start this post, there are many emotions that are running through me.  Yesterday, December 30, 2013, I sat with family surrounded by a community, church family and friends as we laid to rest my Papa, Neville Shelton.  In my 30 years, I have never met a more godly, caring, nonjudgmental, respectable, loving, giving man than my Papa.  I was blessed to be his granddaughter and as much as I miss him and his support here on Earth, I know heaven gained a true saint, and he is taking in his heavenly reward with my brother, James, by his side.  I love you Papa and I will miss you, but I will make sure Noah knows how special you were. Okay now that I have tears rolling down my face let me move on...looking back on 2013(the rearview mirror) it has been a rollercoaster of a ride....in January we made frequent trips to the doctor for ear infections that Noah kept, Noah and Kaylynn had the flu, in February my grandfather celebrated his 91st birthday, in March my son had his first surgery to