Skip to main content

What a year....and like that it's gone.

As I sit looking back at the year that has now passed, I can't seem to get my thoughts in order.  I made resolutions last year and like some people I didn't stick to them so let's recap:
My Goals (Resolutions) for the year 2014
1.  Finish a bible study (FAILED - I would get started but I never finished one)
2.  Finish a book (maybe a series too) (SUCCESS - I actually finished 3 this year!!!)
3.  Blog weekly (FAIL - who was I kidding....I barely make it up the stairs to get on the computer once a month much less weekly)
4.  Stay organized (home, work, self, etc)  (FAIL - once again who was I kidding....I stayed busy that's for sure and near the end of the year I was productive but my time management and organization still needs a LOT of work)
5.  Coupon (FAIL - I did clip occasionally but I must do better)
6. Start saving money (Not a total fail but not a total success - I was able to save some money to use towards our beach trip and Christmas presents for my husband but no saved money for the family.
7.  Take more pictures (personal and for others) (SUCCESS - I surprisingly had about 12 sessions this year.  My work is improving and I am hoping to continue to improve as I hope this will be an outlet to help me reach a more ultimate goal I have in mind.)
8.  Daily prayer journal (FAIL - I lasted 12 days before I missed a day and it went downhill from there)
9.  Do more activities with the kids (more family time) (Success - I did more with the kids but I still feel like I have more room to improve...there is more I can do and more time I can give to hem I just have to manage my time so we can make the most of what we have together.)
10.  Date night once a month/ game night each month or bi-monthly (FAIL - I wish I could say this happened but it didn't)
11.  Exercise 4 times a week (Fail - I started off fairly well but quickly gave up with the excuse of no time and never got back to it.)
12.  Eat healthy. (Fail - I ate but healthy is not the word for it)


So there ya go....I did do some things but there is more improvement to be made!!!  My Hopes for this year are to 

1. spend more time with family and friends
2. expand my photography / cakes
3. focus on relationships with my husband and kids
4.  manage money better
5.  Set a 4 year plan for the bigger picture for our family and stick to it so our dreams can come true.

Life is constantly throwing curve balls at us to knock us down but with eyes on God,  support of my family, and determination all things can be done. 

In 2014 my husband lost his sister, an aunt, and his mother within 3 months of each other... talk about stress!  We made it through with each other but it hasn't been easy.  Holidays were tough but we made it through.   We will continue to make it through and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us. 

I will try to blog some of my favorite photos from this year soon.  Until next time,  smile because you can, laugh because it's good for ya and enjoy life because tomorrow isn't promised. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birckhead Wedding

I have the privilege of working with Kara each day at my school.  Not only is she an awesome secretary but she has become a great friend as well.  This summer her boyfriend came to school, brought lunch and proposed!  Super sweet!!!!  She asked me if I would do the pictures for her wedding and of course I jumped at the opportunity!  This past Saturday, Joe and Kara tied the knot and it was a gorgeous day, gorgeous ceremony and such an awesome couple!  Here are a few of my favorites so far from the wedding. Thanks so much Kara for letting me capture your special day! 

Let's Recap.....

Ok...so I made goals at the beginning of the yer and I want to look at where I stand since I am now 1/4 of the way through the year.....hard to believe it's going by that fast but it is. My Goals (Resolutions) for the year 2014 1.  Finish a bible study {still looking for one} 2.  Finish a book (maybe a series too)  {I have started a book and I am actually looking forward to finishing it so let's hope I do it!} 3.  Blog weekly  {I am still blogging ....maybe weekly was a little much for me to really commit to but I am working on it} 4.  Stay organized (home, work, self, etc) {This is so hard for me!!!!!!!!} 5.  Coupon {I am slacking} 6. Start saving money {hoping to do this after tax return comes in} 7.  Take more pictures (personal and for others) {I take pictures daily on my phone but I need to take more with my camera....I have done a wedding so far, took pictures of a friend, and i have had some inquiries about me doing some pictures....hopefully I am on t

Looking Through the Rearview

As I start this post, there are many emotions that are running through me.  Yesterday, December 30, 2013, I sat with family surrounded by a community, church family and friends as we laid to rest my Papa, Neville Shelton.  In my 30 years, I have never met a more godly, caring, nonjudgmental, respectable, loving, giving man than my Papa.  I was blessed to be his granddaughter and as much as I miss him and his support here on Earth, I know heaven gained a true saint, and he is taking in his heavenly reward with my brother, James, by his side.  I love you Papa and I will miss you, but I will make sure Noah knows how special you were. Okay now that I have tears rolling down my face let me move on...looking back on 2013(the rearview mirror) it has been a rollercoaster of a ride....in January we made frequent trips to the doctor for ear infections that Noah kept, Noah and Kaylynn had the flu, in February my grandfather celebrated his 91st birthday, in March my son had his first surgery to